Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pushing Authentic Judaism Down in the Google Rankings

Hirhurim has now taken up the issue of Rabbi Bearmant. Apparently Rabbi Gil Student has gotten multiple emails from him. I guess I have a new goal to reach, to be spammed multiple times by this blog hit whore. Rabbi Student offers a great way to respond: “Please link to this post and even put up a similar post of your own to push him down in the ranks. Feel free to copy this word-for-word if you want. And while you're at it, it might also help if you end every new post with the words ‘Authentic Judaism.’”

I see that Chaviva has already taken Rabbi Student up on this suggestion.

6 comments:

cory said...

wow. good for you! some days i'd really like to be judged worthy of spamming. but most days, i'm happy for oblivion. enjoy the limelight!

P.S. my head is still spinning about the Martin Luther post. i was so comfortable thinking of him as an anti-semite. i'll probably continue to do so, but with an asterisk.

jewpublic club said...

Well you ARE a good writer, but I am luckier in a sense that I won't get spammed.

Izgad said...

I am blushing and my secret blog hit whore heart is beating fast. :)

The Bray of Fundie said...

uninvited I have distanced myself from him. You can check it here:

http://innate-differences.blogspot.com/2009/09/inauthenticity.html

the more people click the further he may get pushed down, and though I argued agaisnt it in my post now that he has been exposed as a high scholl kid getting his jollies and all our expenses I'm all for it.

Freelance Kiruv Maniac (Mr. Hyde) said...

Um, now Hirhurim has taken DOWN the issue! He also removed his mirror post on his other blogs...

Izgad said...

FKM
Thank you for informing me. I have taken down the link. I still intend to keep this post up. I wrote it and I take full responsibility for it. As I understand things now Authentic Judaism was a prank. This is a good example of Poe’s Law that it is impossible to satire religious fundamentalists because there will be someone out there whose beliefs do fit the satire. I acted in good faith and assumed that Authentic Judaism was expressing his views because what he was saying was simply an exceptionally crude version of the sorts of things that I have regularly heard Haredim say. (Rabbi Avigdor Miller being a good example.)

I would love it if you did me the honor of responding to the whole Rabbi Miller issue.